Re: ajaxWrite Threatens Microsoft Word (Live)

__/ [ Lobo ] on Monday 27 March 2006 16:26 \__

> On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 15:41:03 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>Bye Bye Microsoft Word, Hello ajaxWrite
>>
>>http://www.michaelrobertson.com/archive.php?minute_id=206
>>
>>This joins the various Office productivity applications (notably
>>OpenOffice) and Google's latest acquisition.
>
> Perfect for school kids. None of those bells and whistles that only
> serve to confuse them. I'm passing it on.
> http://www.ajaxwrite.com/

Also see TinyMCE ( http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/ ). It's GPL'd and we are
using it in WordPress as a WYSIWYG-like front-end to composition. Many
people love it! WordPress has just sponsored the inclusion of a
spellchecker, under the GPL as well.

        http://wordpress.com/blog/2006/03/26/spellchecker/

Also see HTMLArea, which has been around for literally (well, *almost*
literally) ages:

http://www.schestowitz.com/Utilities/htmlarea/examples/fully-loaded.html

This is a local installation of the software, which in this case is used to
produce rather poor HTML markup.