Re: Setting up a video system in our church need to allow remote visitors to watch the service

  • Subject: Re: Setting up a video system in our church need to allow remote visitors to watch the service
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 18:11:41 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mandrake
__/ [ Wes Newell ] on Monday 27 March 2006 17:26 \__

> On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 08:00:44 -0600, skarekrow wrote:
>
>> Maybe I should have explained better. We currently have a soundsystem
>> setup to record cassetes and tapes. My pastor wants to bring 3 seperate
>> video camers in to record onto dvd. I was wondering if there was a linux
>> based solution to let me capture all this  (from the sound and video
>> system) to stream out to the internet.
>>
> So, you don't want to do a live stream, but send out recorded videos?
> In that case, you don't need any extra hardware other than the video
> recorders. But using 3 seperate cameras will require editing the
> production I would assume. Once you have the final video the way you want
> it, just send it out. Still no additional PC hardware required, assumig
> you have the proper interface port for the cameras.

Just as a side note, there are new Linux distributions that are dedicated
fully to media, including audio production and video production. As
everything required is pre-installed, they are worth a browser. Other than
that, then technical requirement should be met and covered by a single
(Mandriva) workstation.

Good luck,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    United States: #1 in spam export
  6:05pm  up 19 days  7:50,  8 users,  load average: 0.93, 0.65, 0.58