Re: allinurl: vs links:

__/ [ www.1-script.com ] on Tuesday 28 March 2006 17:12 \__

> Fernando wrote:
>
>> What's the difference between them?
>

> They are simply there for different reasons. allinurl: would tend to show
> mostly YOUR pages, although not exclusively. Sometimes your domain name
> becomes part of someone's URL, like the one below:
> My domain is 1-script.com, but this page shows up in allinurl:1-script.com
> because  it IS in their URL!
>
> http://www.ezgoal.com/perlscripts/scripts/c.asp?d=1-script.com
>

> link:xxxx.com (not linkS:xxxx.com!) will show pages that LINK TO your
> pages, although bunch of your own pages are going to be included as well
> simply because of internal links.

Good to see you again, Dmitri.

I don't have much to add as both follow-ups are rather complete. Links: and
allinurl: have some commonalities. The former will list only a /subset/ of
internal and external links, i.e. links from site to self and other sites to
address queried. Allinurl: is more of a pattern matching query and can bring
up merely any occurence of the terms (as opposed to URL's) sought.

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Othello for Win32/Linux: http://othellomaste.com
  5:15pm  up 20 days  7:00,  8 users,  load average: 0.45, 0.50, 0.35