Re: New York Likely to Accept Microsoft Antitrust Deal

  • Subject: Re: New York Likely to Accept Microsoft Antitrust Deal
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 05:57:39 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ] on Thursday 30 March 2006 01:36 \__

> B Gruff wrote:
>> Is this some sort of joke?
>> A fine of $350,000,000 paid in Microsoft VOUCHERS?
>>
>> http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,125238,00.asp
>>
>> Did you Americans never pass any anti-truck laws?
>> Don't you oblige people to pay in "coin of the realm"?
>>
>> Do you really do your transactions in Green Shield Stamps, cigarette cards
>> and Microsoft vouchers?
>>
>> $350M in $12 vouchers????
>> ...as baa-lamb would say....... LOL!
>
> I agree, it's disgusting.  California got some deal with Microsoft
> where they paid for past crimes with vouchers.  You had to prove you
> had spent money on Microsoft products in a certain time frame to get
> something back.  It was maybe $100 as I recall.  I had certainly paid
> Microsoft, having bought several computers from Dell with Windows
> preinstalled, but I couldn't find the purchase orders and it was too
> much hassle.

They did the exact same thing to settle with IBM. It would be insulting to
accept vouchers for the same pile of s**t that had this anti-trust commence.

The fight here is over the fact that Microsoft maintain a monopoly. By
offering Microsoft vouchers, they only *sustain* this monopoly. It's the
analogy of stabbing a man's open sore. Disgraceful!

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "All your archives are (sic) belong to Google"
  5:50am  up 21 days 19:35,  10 users,  load average: 0.16, 0.27, 0.32