Re: Completely OT:

  • Subject: Re: Completely OT:
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 14:14:51 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.linux
__/ [ Walterius ] on Monday 01 May 2006 00:46 \__

> Jim Jones wrote:
>> J.O. Aho wrote:

>>> Shorten down the length the posts are "kept".
>>

>> You could also mark all items read, and have the "do not download read
>> items" and/or "remove read items from the system" set Of course those
>> setting are for Thunderbird, but I imagine most readers might have
>> something similar.
>>
>> Jim
>>
> Thank you. That should do it. :)

As a side note and/or personal advice, ensure that your folders are emptied
/periodically/. If this occurs every time you shut down the client, it can
become annoying, depending on the volume of messages you have stores. KNode
handles this quite wisely and give you control over it. I don't use
Thunderbird as a newsgroup client (only mail), but I am sure it will have
appropriate knobs to tinker with purging behaviour.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "I blame God for making me an atheist"
http://Schestowitz.com  |    SuSE Linux    ¦     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
  2:10pm  up 3 days 21:07,  12 users,  load average: 0.12, 0.37, 0.45