Re: Flock - Web Browser

__/ [ Whirled Peas ] on Monday 01 May 2006 13:06 \__

> http://www.flock.com/
>
> From what I have seen using this 'developer preview' it seems to have the
> functionality of Firefox and the speed of Opera. It is essentially Firefox
> with some preloaded features, but it is quite fast.

I believe it has a 64-bit version for Linux, which I hear is further
optimised. Maybe I confuse this with another release/fork of Firefox. I
couldn't locate the link. One of the founders of this project, nonetheless,
has recently left the flock (pun intended), so the future is less than
bright and certain. Then comes another issue/concern which is plugins
compatibility ( http://www.hackaday.com/entry/1234000010064488/ ). Flock is
aimed at Web 2.0 social 'stuff', however that converts into pragmatic
advantage. It is preloaded with plug-ins, which makes it Firefox+the
(social) kitchen sink.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Pentiums melt in your PC, not in your hand"
  1:30pm  up 3 days 20:27,  12 users,  load average: 2.29, 0.93, 0.63