Re: How to start the Java runtime Automatically on Rebooot of the PC.

  • Subject: Re: How to start the Java runtime Automatically on Rebooot of the PC.
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 20:27:36 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.windows.x.kde
__/ [ J.O. Aho ] on Tuesday 02 May 2006 15:47 \__

> jsestito@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> We have the sun j2sdk1.4.2_06 of the runtime which is used  by our
>> JBOSS server. I am trying to figure out how to automatically start the
>> runtime on bootup. I have looked around and cannot figure this out .
>> Has anybody had this problem and solved it. i am hoping to find some
>> kind of command line option or something. Again if anybody has had an
>> success with anything I would really appreciate the help.
>
> Make your own init script (see your /etc/init.d directory) or edit the
> start file where custom stuff can be added (this differs depending on your
> distro, RedHat/Fedora: /etc/rc.d/rc.local)

Under KDE, you may also find a section in Control Panel, which enables you to
specify programs or commands to run at the start of the session.
Alternatively, depending on what you are trying to invoke (your description
is brief and somewhat vague), you can also add the program/executable to:

~/.kde/autostart

If this Java upon JBOSS 'thingie' involves a number of steps, wrap them up
within a script and call that script, which will control all else.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: sheep outnumber people in NZ
  8:20pm  up 5 days  3:17,  11 users,  load average: 0.30, 0.51, 0.48