Re: Microsoft may delay Vista (again)

__/ [ Larry Qualig ] on Tuesday 02 May 2006 20:21 \__

> Microsoft may delay Vista (again)
>
> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12596992/
>
> synopsis -
>
> Gartner says Vista will likely be delayed.
> Microsoft claims it won't.
> Gartner says slipping from January to March is nowhere near as bad as
> slipping from shipping before the holidays to after the holidays.

You beat me to it. By 1 minute! *smile*

http://money.cnn.com/2006/05/02/technology/amazon/index.htm?source=yahoo_quote

> Amazon.com has dropped Google as its search provider in favor of
> Microsoft, an important victory for the Seattle software maker as its
> battle with the 400-pound gorilla of search heats up, according to a
> report Tuesday.

I already saw that on April 29th. I even wrote about it (before anybody
else)...

http://schestowitz.com/Weblog/archives/2006/04/29/a9-alexa-microsoft-live/

It's all BS in a sandwich. Alexa/A9/Amazon's choice was purely strategic.
This does not validate quality of search engine technology in Microsoft.
Much like eBay/PayPal/Skype, they simply fear Google, so they sidle with
Microsoft. Mind you, Google have already got GWallet/Froogle/GLocal and soon
they may have GAuctions (all fake abbreviations) as well. It's only a matter
of time until Google sell books... And kick Alexa/A9/Amazon's (same group)
arse!!!

Macromedia/Adobe or Apple/Pixar/Dinsey are not under a threat as big, but
what about all those ISP's and communication vendors in the States? Verizon,
Cingular, AOL (recently joined forced with Google) have the Google Wi-Fi
threat. Sooner or later, many will discard Google.... for spite! Not poor
quality of service.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder"
  8:25pm  up 5 days  3:22,  12 users,  load average: 0.42, 0.62, 0.55