Re: [OT] Utter trivia

  • Subject: Re: [OT] Utter trivia
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 04:51:10 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Bobbie ] on Thursday 04 May 2006 00:27 \__

> While performing an interpretive dance to Enya's Carribean Blue, spike1
> exclaimed:
>
>> ws <see.sig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> did eloquently scribble:

>>> I remember with fondness the time when it was
>>>
>>> 01:01:01 01/01/01
>>>
>>> My SO and I took a photo together at that moment.
>>>
>>> 02:02:02 02/02/02 was memorable too. ;-)
>>
>> what about 20:02:02 20/02/2002
>>
>> Or one of the other palindromic dates?... much rarer.
>> :)
>
> What about  11:11:11 11/11/11 ?

When two Universities at Manchester (Victoria and UMIST) were preparing to
merge, there was a large countdown banner atop a prominent bridge on campus.
At some stage it indicated 111 days, 11 hours, 11 minutes and 11 seconds
before "two great universities unite". I wasn't there to see it though. I
think I had to be at work. The inner geek was disappointed to have missed
that glamorous event. I do, however, remember, all these excited times back
in 2001...

Best wishes,