Re: Stallman on spam

__/ [ [H]omer ] on Wednesday 03 May 2006 22:09 \__

> Just dug this up from the archives.
>
> I thought I knew a bit about the history of UCE, but had no idea that
> Stallman was one of the recipients of the first ever spam message.
> What's amusing is that he's *defending* it!
>
> Just a bit of light relief and nostalgia:
>
> http://www.templetons.com/brad/spamreact.html

I have visited Brad's site *many* times before, but have never come across
this page. Thanks for the light comical relief...

Stallman in the context of SPAM:

,----[ Quote ]
| 4) Would a dating service for people on the net be "frowned upon" by DCA?
| I hope not. But even if it is, don't let that stop you from notifying me
| via net mail if you start one.
`----

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "This sig seemed like a good idea at the time..."
  6:25am  up 6 days 13:22,  13 users,  load average: 1.01, 0.70, 0.60