Re: [News] Microsoft's Strategy: Buy Other Players

__/ [ Geico Caveman ] on Thursday 04 May 2006 18:10 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> __/ [ Roy Schestowitz ] on Thursday 04 May 2006 14:14 \__
>>
>>> Microsoft expected to buy Massive
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>

> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/05/04/microsoft_ponders_massive_purchase/
>>
>> Addendum: here is the extensive list of companies already 'pwned' by
>> Microsoft
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_assets_owned_by_Microsoft_Corporation
>
> The list of companies that Microsoft has invested in includes a legal
> luminary :
>
> SCO (Santa Cruz Operation)
>
> :)

Of course. IBM requested a subpoena because they were pretty certain that
lawsuits directed at them (GNU/Linux specifically) were initiated by
Microsoft and its funnelled funds. More recently, Microsoft invested half a
billion dollars to compete with IBM.

Have a look at the latest... they might be buying Yahoo, thereby reducing the
number of players in the competition over Web services. Moreover, Yahoo are
said to deliver the most traffic in World Wide Web...

If true, I'm going to puke. There must be some law against it, no?

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Previous signature has been conceded
  6:25pm  up 7 days  1:22,  13 users,  load average: 1.39, 1.35, 1.06