Re: BT buy Dabs.com

  • Subject: Re: BT buy Dabs.com
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 08:22:29 +0100
  • Newsgroups: uk.comp.vendors
__/ [ Bob Eager ] on Monday 01 May 2006 11:18 \__

> On Mon, 1 May 2006 09:17:57 UTC, 127.0.0.1@xxx (Au) wrote:
>
>> In article <c61552pk40er39ka7ja2dp84jtanl3o9uc@xxxxxxx>, peter@xxxxxxxxxx
>> wrote:
>> >http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4956100.stm
>> >
>> >"Telecoms giant BT has bought online electronic products retailer
>> >Dabs.com for an estimated ú30m."
>>
>> I guess that means no more buying stuff from Dabs. I'm not going to prop
>> up a virtual monopoly, useless, rip-off phone company.
>
> Actually, the buyout saves a lot of effort. I can not buy stuff from two
> companies I hate, at the same time!

*LOL*

Dabs  support  screwed  me once, which was enough to repel. I  will  never
forgive them for that. New PC broke within 4 days (hard-drive failure), it
took  weeks  to  delivers instead of days (although it was said to  be  in
stock) and replacing the unit was again which took a month. Never again.

To  add to this, I also had to make several phonecalls. Ripped me off  for
national rate, but it wasn't BT. *sigh*

BT  and  Dabs will make a great couple, much like eBay who  bought  Skype.
Whatever the complain, the phone will be in sight. Rest assured, the phone
will not stop ringing.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Have you hugged your penguin today?
  8:15am  up 7 days 15:12,  13 users,  load average: 0.24, 0.49, 0.59