Re: PHP email software

On Wed, 10 May 2006 17:20:57 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> opined:
> __/ [ David Cary Hart ] on Wednesday 10 May 2006 16:48 \__
>
> > On 10 May 2006 02:30:35 -0700, "Bootstrap Bill"
> > <williamrobertkentcousert@xxxxxxxxx> opined:
> >> I run a couple web sites that are centered around Vbulletin. I'd
> >> like to offer my users an email account (I get 1,000 free with my
> >> web hosting account). Are there any free PHP email packages that
> >> I can drop in and use?
> >>
> > I like squirrel.
> > http://www.squirrelmail.org/
> >
> > User customizable skins and LOTS of great plug-ins (spelling,
> > calendar, addresses, spam, etc).
> > http://www.squirrelmail.org/plugins.php
>
> While on the subject, avoid Neomail. It was buggy the last time I
> used it. It led me to posting in an embarrassing fashion (even to
> mailing lists) as it displayed the wrong messages.
>
> I  have  also  got  Squirrel and I tried it a few  times.  It's
> fast  and lightweight  (the  two  traits are of course related),
> but  I  don't  have enough experience to comment about it. Some
> people seem to like it, so its popularity speaks for itself.

I notice numerous attempts to hack horde. I have never had a single
attempt to compromise or send mail via squirrel. Squirrel is even
faster if you install php caching software (php-eaccelerator).

--
Displayed Email Address is a SPAM TRAP
Our DNSRBL - Eliminate Spam: http://www.TQMcube.com