Re: Daily Fact: Windows Zombie Spam

__/ [ DFS ] on Wednesday 10 May 2006 16:04 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> __/ [ Kelsey Bjarnason ] on Wednesday 10 May 2006 14:36 \__
>>
>>> [snips]

> Your conclusions are about as worthwhile as Linux on a desktop....

Well, thank you, DuFuS, for the kind compilment.

>>> Nah, leave the spam.  Purge the Windows.
>>
>> If only I could. I am 100% Microsoft-free, but I can't control what
>> gets delivered through the mail daemons.
>
> You mean the open source sendmail daemons that deliver all the spam.

Yes, I'm sure that Windows could automagically tell apart ham from spam. At
daemon-level, you cannot afford to make any wrong detections (false
positives). Not only will the messages be unavilable for human judgment, but
they will also not be routed to the _fricken server_. This statement only
comes to show how ignorant you are.

>> The day when SPAM ends (as opposed to completely kill or restrict the
>> use of E-mail) is the day when Windows becomes an obsolescent rarity.
>
> Windows isn't going ANYWHERE.

It sure does. It serves as vital input to Steve Ballmer' rectum.

>> Until that day, spam will rise in accordance and line with bandwidth
>> capacity.
>
> And with the adoption of sendmail.

I don't even know why I bother...

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "No, I didn't buy that from eBay"
  4:15pm  up 12 days 23:12,  8 users,  load average: 0.27, 0.53, 0.55