Re: [News] Linux Live DVD Contains 10 Distributions

__/ [ Sinister Midget ] on Wednesday 10 May 2006 10:57 \__

> On 2006-05-10, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> posted
> something concerning:
>> __/ [ Handover Phist ] on Tuesday 09 May 2006 23:09 \__
>>
>>> Handover Phist :

>>> Ah! It seems they've just fixed their torrent problem.
>>
>> I'd  *LOVE*  to try nUbuntu one day. It has received some good  publicity.
>> Their  April Fool's prank was quite a blast as well. I have never heard of
>> most  of the other distributions in that list. Maybe they should have gone
>> with  fewer,  better-known distributions. Sadly, many of the  big  vendors
>> make  available  no Live CD's. They want to have your machine pwned  (sic)
>> before you have the chance to resist and re-consider.
>
> They seem to be all security-related. At least the ones I recognize
> are.

Yes, it's securedvd.org. I just wish that a joint distribution as such was
released for general-puspose use. I am not sure that nUbuntu enhances  its
codebase to incorporate security addons. it's merely Fluxbox that's added.