Re: Who keeps the COLA stats?

  • Subject: Re: Who keeps the COLA stats?
  • From: "Larry Qualig" <lqualig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 6 May 2006 09:36:05 -0700
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> __/ [ Larry Qualig ] on Saturday 06 May 2006 17:11 \__
>
> > Mark Kent wrote:
> >> begin  oe_protect.scr
> >> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

> >> I think you're wasting time trying to educate our trolls about, err,
> >> trolls.
> >

> > Hmmmm - It was a case of mistaken identity and Roy admitted to that.
> >
> > Seems that didn't stop you from once again "jumping to wrong
> > conclusions" and name calling. Call me a troll... I don't really care.
> > But you also called Ramon a troll.
> >

> > What was that post you made in another thread about "not insulting
> > people and calling names?"
>

> Larry, at times I believe you insulted folks in this group as well --
> people whom I consider mates.

I think there are very few posters here who haven't insulted someone at
one point or another. The notable difference is that a few minutes
prior to calling Ramon a troll (for absolutely no reason at all) Mark
Kent attempted to lecture me about insulting people and calling people
names in another thread. Then he turns around and calls Ramon a troll
(which he is not IMO) based on what?

> While I admit to have challenged people's opinions
> (quite harshly at times), I rarely, if ever, descend to name calling. My
> conversations with you lost their gleam when you started fighting with Roy
> C. It was some after he had cut you some slack in the stats ("MS
> APOLOGIST" dropped).

<sarcasm>
Well. Thank god that Roy Culley never calls people names or insults
anyone.
</sarcasm>

> > Pot. Kettle. Black.
>

> You just gave me an idea. Another round of coffee before a round of news
> items...
>
> no need for pot, no need for kettle... *smile* we have a tank that retains
> heat 24/7. *grin* yay!

My problem with that approach is that coffee gets bitter after 1-2
hours. I prefer a fresh pot. (I intentionally limit my coffee drinking
to about 2 cups/day.)