Re: [News] Linux Puts Mac OS X to Shame

> http://sekhon.berkeley.edu/macosx/intel.html
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Linux is found to be much faster than Apple's OS X for statistical
> | computing. Indeed, in one benchmark, Linux is more than twice as fast.
> | The results on this page were conducted on a MacBookpro with a 2.16Ghz
> | Intel Core Duo chip and 2GB of RAM.
> `----
>
> It gets worse for Apple. Read on.

   "Because I support my statistical software on various platforms, I
   have to think about the idiosyncrasies of various operating systems
   and chips. In order to save time repeating the same information to
   many people, I have decided to post it on the web. The short answer:
   use Linux if you want performance and stability. If you want to use
   Mac OS X or Windows XP, go ahead. All of these operating systems are
   now above the line (not long ago the operating systems out of Redmond
   and Cupertino were a joke)."

--
Microsoft has the PC world by the short hairs.  For now.