Re: She is Out!

__/ [ Colin Day ] on Friday 12 May 2006 17:57 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> __/ [ Colin Day ] on Thursday 11 May 2006 23:17 \__

>>> I took him as meaning "ARGGGGGGHHH" in the sense of pirate speak,
>>> not in the sense of exasperation.
>>
>> Pirate speak? But he's in the process of migrating fully to Linux? Thus,
>> he /ceases/ to be a pirate. *wink*
>>
>> Best wishes,
>>
>> Roy
>>

> But you mentioned multimedia codecs. No chance for piracy there. :-)
>
> Colin Day

This reminds me of an article that makes the round today [1]:

        http://www.macworld.co.uk/news/index.cfm?home&NewsID=14611

'iPod users steal music' - Real boss

Real Networks CEO Rob Glaser thinks iPod users are stealing music.

,----[ Quote ]
>Speaking with The Guardian, he said: "If you want interoperable music today,
| there is a very easy solution: it's called stealing. The average number of
| songs sold for the iPod is 25, and there are many more songs on iPods than
| 25. About half the music on iPods is music obtained illegitimately either
| from an illegal peer-to-peer networks or from ripping friends' CDs, which
| is  illegal," he claimed.
`----

John hates the iPod though. I believe he is a Rhapsody/non-iPod man.

[1] Sorry *bashful smile*, but there's more to me than just articles. *stupid
grin*