Re: [News] Ballmer: Microsoft to Focus on Linux Competition

On 2006-05-12, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> posted something concerning:
> Mahatma Gandhi:
>
>         "First they ignore you
>         then they laugh at you
>         then they fight you           <--- You are here [1]
>         then you win."
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| CEO Steve Ballmer said Linux has been outselling Microsoft in areas such
>| as file services, e-mail security and e-science, and that demonstrates
>| Microsoft needs to innovate.
> `----
>
> http://www.informationweek.com/industries/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=187202415
>
> [1] http://www.redhat.com/truthhappens/

This is all 21st Century Schizoid Man material. Just the other day they
were claiming Apple would do them harm, not linux. Now it's the other
way around.

Either Blammer's been reading 'Quotations from Chairman Mao'
(paticularly the 'confuse them' portions), or he's been drinking from
the programmers' water cooler* by mistake.

* Based on the finished products I've seen and used, people writing
  stuff like that mess have to either be little kiddies, or they're
  consuming vast quantities of adult beverages while on the job. There
  are child labor laws in existence, which leads me to suspect the
  latter.

--
I would like to suggest that you not use speed, and here's why: it
is going to mess up your heart, mess up your liver, your kidneys,