Re: Beautiful

__/ [ Jim ] on Monday 15 May 2006 16:12 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> __/ [ John Bailo ] on Monday 15 May 2006 15:24 \__
>>

>>>Bittorrent is such a sweet way to get a distro.
>>>
>>>Set the torrent to work at 1am last night, should be read for me when I
>>>return home from work today.   5 CD's worth of Suse 10.1 -- heaven!
>>

>> Borrow to a friend once you're done. *smile* Or legally make several
>> copies for future installation of packages. Experience shows that rapid
>> availability of Linux 'off the shelf' encourages people to give Linux that
>> chance which gets them hooked for life. Not many are willing to download
>> and burn ISO's just for a quick trial of an O/S which they were taught "is
>> only for servers" and "just command line". Help them prove themselves
>> wrong.
>>
>> Couldn't resist making a comment... *smile*
>
> nice one, too, Roy. I find that saying to people "Here, have this copy,
> I have several duplicates" is easier on the ol' head than
> "dubya-dubya-dubya-dot-whatever-dot-org-slash...", and furthers the
> whole community spirit thing. Makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

Ta  muchly  for  the  encouragement.  I am always  relucent  to  make  the
redundant  (post, that is). By the way, I have just been to your Web site,
which  is pretty nice. In case I need a computer soon, I might as well buy
one  from you < http://the-computer-shop.co.uk/newcomputers.html >.  These
big  branches are too difficult to communicate with if anything goes awry.
You  give  good value (specs) for the money and MS Windows  entails  extra
charges, as it _should_ be.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: 12345679 x 8 = 98765432
  4:15pm  up 17 days 23:12,  8 users,  load average: 0.42, 0.75, 0.67