Re: Annoying lockups when searching for files within AmaroK

  • Subject: Re: Annoying lockups when searching for files within AmaroK
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 19:15:40 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.suse
__/ [ Gregory Deyss ] on Saturday 20 May 2006 14:32 \__

> This is annoying and frustrating AmaroK comes up fine amd I can play
> MP3's but when I add media to another drive where I know other MP3's are
> the bar where you would slide to right locks up and feezing everything
> then I have no choice but to reboot.
>
> Thanks in Advance for replies,
>
> - Greg

Have you considered migrating to version 1.4 (Fast forward), which was
released just 1-2 days ago? AmaroK is otherwise rather buggy, speaking from
experience...

http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=9939&vote=good&tan=18275402&PHPSESSID=b22785b31e612d5a86e8d01e4d2c100b

Maybe this will become a golden release where bugs simply end. See comments
therein for insight.

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Have you hugged your penguin today?
  7:10pm  up 23 days  2:07,  11 users,  load average: 0.46, 0.42, 0.53