Re: Fixed my T3 digitizer

__/ [ Penster ] on Saturday 20 May 2006 16:35 \__

> The digitizer callibration failed on my T3. I bought a replacement
> digitizer from www.usedpdaparts.com for $44 including post and replaced the
> original. For anyone used to taking apart a T3 it is not hard to do. To
> take off the old digitizer, you slip a small sharp knife blade between the
> digitizer and the LED screen and slide it round. It seems a bit brutal, but
> works. I have also replaced the battery on the T3. Got another year or two
> out of my T3.
> Penster

FWIW, all picutres and intructions in:

http://www.pspilot.de/ppptun3/ppptun3.html

I once tried to open up my Tungsten T <
http://www.pspilot.de/ppptun1/ppptun1.html >, but gave up somewhere along
the way. Peter pointed out high risks at a particular stage and it wasn't
worth for fixing of the goddamn headphones jack, which appears to be a
common issue (bad string leads to mutes speakers/headphone).