Re: George Soros Dumps Microsoft Stock and Redeploys into Stock Exchanges

  • Subject: Re: George Soros Dumps Microsoft Stock and Redeploys into Stock Exchanges
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 11:26:28 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ William Poaster ] on Friday 19 May 2006 10:33 \__

> It was on Fri, 19 May 2006 08:03:08 +0100 when Mark Kent posted this:
>
>> begin  oe_protect.scr
>> William Poaster <willpoast@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
>>> It was on Thu, 18 May 2006 22:59:15 +0100 when Mark Kent posted this:

At least to me, this is very exciting news. Someone at the level of Soros,
much like himself, has made many wise decision over the years. If I recall
correctly, Soros came from Hungary penniless and he made his fortunate from
being able to predict trends. He should now be surrounded by advisors or
boards and be guided by analysts. This one step taken by one man is
indicative of opinions of those that surround him. This confirms the
continued advancement of Open Source and the emergence of more players in
today's market.

If MSFT's biggest threats are losses in the server market -- that where
rigorous computing is moving (SOA), as well various software licences
(embodied by companies like IBM, Apple, Sun and Google), it means that more
clients choose Linux, more people choose GNU/Linux, Apple, OpenOffice and
Web-based software, respectively.

>>> IIRC George Soros was the guy who is reputed to have made a $1bn profit
>>> at Britain's expense, on Black Wednesday - 16th September 1992. He got
>>> the (then) chancellor, Norman Lamont, in a sweat! Lamont had to raise
>>> interest rates from 10% to 12% & up to 15% through the day, & authorised
>>> the spending of billions of ££'s in a doomed attampt to stop the
>>> UKpound exceeding the ERM limits. Now if Soros can do the same thing
>>> with M$...

Norman Lamont was in a sweat just on that Black Wednesday. Look at Ballmer.
He's been in a sweat ever since he jumped out of that cake and started
yelping.

>> I've never forgiven Lamont for giving so much of my money to Soros, to be
>> honest, nor M. Thatcher for setting up the situation where that would
>> happen (don't imagine for a moment that it wasn't a totally deliberate
>> setup...)
>
> Lamont was made to look a total fool (I never did like him anyway). IIRC
> Soros said, sometime later, Lamont had *exactly* the same information he
> had, & couldn't understand why he didn't act on it.
>
>> How was it done?  Thatcher insisted on an ERM rate which every
>> economist and financier said was too high... why?  To kill the system, at
>> the cost of interest on my mortgage paying off Soros...
>
> All it got was the UK getting chucked out of the ERM, & the UK taxpayer
> paying for her folly.

I am lost. *frown* I was only 10 at the time... sorry for a poor post of
mine...

Best wishes,

Linux is like a girlfriend; try to stick to one distribution for a lifetime
 11:15am  up 21 days 18:12,  10 users,  load average: 0.70, 0.56, 0.42