Re: [News] Ubuntu 6 Finally Available for Free Order/Shipping

Roy Schestowitz wrote in <1189168.b33rP7hWPy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on Thu, May 18
2006 08:42:

> Ubuntu 6 can now be ordered from Shipit. Order your 5 or 10 CD's now. It's
> free: for you, for your friends, colleagues, and family.
>
>                 https://shipit.ubuntu.com/

This is excellent.  Also, you can get Kubuntu by going to
shipit.kubuntu.org -- you can combine them both into one order, as well.
I'm really impressed with the Dapper beta that I've been running for some
time now... actually, I just bought a Toshiba Satellite laptop from the
evil Wal*Mart, and brought it up, and slapped the new Kubuntu Dapper beta
on it -- believe it or not, this thing is better supported then the desktop
I'd installed it on.  I was QUITE impressed -- the 3D stuff worked
out-of-the-box, so to speak, and I have run into exactly zero issues
getting anything to work on this thing.  I was rather surprised because the
last time I had tried Linux on any type of laptop, I had to fuss around
with some things to get the blasted thing to work.

        - Mike