Re: "Upgrade" from T3

__/ [ Jerome Ranch ] on Wednesday 17 May 2006 13:10 \__

> My elderly Palm T3 has died. I need a new PDA.  There is a wide array
> of choices out there.  Whats your advice on a T3 replacement (besides
> another T3). I use a lot of Palm OS databases for tracking (SmartList
> Hndbase)(in my work), so I need a machine that will run these.  I do
> like the T3 so If I get another one, thats fine by me..but is there
> anything better.  I don't care about connectivity..just fastest and
> maximally sized screen that can be rotated
> Thanks
> Jerry

I'd go for the Palm T-X if I were you. No Tungsten 5 and no LifeDrive, unless
you need plenty of storage space or have large pockets/purse. The Universal
Connector 'barrier', which I believe has not become an issue until the T-5
emerged, will only become a deterring factor if you depend on peripherals
like a keyboard.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Hack to learn, don't learn to hack"
  1:55pm  up 19 days 20:52,  8 users,  load average: 0.27, 0.57, 0.62