Re: [KNode] Associate Scores with "Ignore"

__/ [ Roy Schestowitz ] on Friday 12 May 2006 12:36 \__

> Hi,  gurus. A quick question to which I failed to find an  answer/solution
> (assuming  one exists): There is an annoying crossposting troll in one  of
> the  newsgroups  that I otherwise enjoy reading. I have defined a rule  to
> score these unwanted posts as low as possible, but I cannot get them to be
> marked as "ignored" and thus fall out of sight (owing to viewing filters).
> We  are  talking about 2/3 of the total posts, all of which  are  reaching
> from  that  troll.  Am I missing some feature? I don't use the  latest  of
> KNode,  as  my headers indicate. That trolls is there to stay as this  has
> gone on for over a year.

Eventually,  I have only found a workaround. Viewing filter excludes based
on score, rather than scoring having an effect on message status. So, only
messages  whose  score  S satisfies -9998<=S<9999 get  displayed.  Plonked
poster get assigned -9999. Mixing in views remains an issue... *sigh*