Re: Linux is hard ?

  • Subject: Re: Linux is hard ?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 08:20:48 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.linux
__/ [ linuxiac ] on Tuesday 16 May 2006 04:33 \__

> Dennis wrote:
>> I have floated over Linux newsgroups and news for a number of years now
>> ... and I am surprised by the number of reports concerning the difficulty
>> of installing or using Linux.

"It's not my fault. It's not the fault of my Winmodem. Me and my hardware are
golden. Linux is to blame."

>> I recall in the "old" days that installing Linux was a bit of a chore and
>> required some knowledge of the internal hardware ... but I thought those
>> days were gone ??

Long gone. Linux installation is easy than a Windows installation:

http://digg.com/linux_unix/Official:_Ubuntu_(Linux)_is_easier_to_install_than_Windows_

>> I have installed many different Linux distributions over the years and I
>> continue to find them easier to install with every new release.
>> Even installing software has become easier.
>>
>> Have I gotten too used to Linux ??? or are there just that many Trolls
>> just phishing to see what bites ???

See my first paragraph. Other seem to just like being the centre of
attention.

>> FYI: I currently run Gentoo on my desktop and laptop.

And Gentoo, if I may add, is almost the most notorious for ease of
installation and maintenance/extension. Slax is another.

> People are more stupid, these days.  The government schools have
> successfully dumbed them down so that they will be more compliant.

The interest of the people is not always the interest of vendors and those
who extract tax from the whole dynamicity.

http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php/id;1861543635;fp;2;fpid;4

,----[ Quote ]

`----

> Being incompetent, most would rather troll, whine about their
> in-eptitude being YOUR problem.  Few are able to be responsible for
> their own lives.
>
> Drugs should be legalized, and taxed heavily, and the problem would
> resolve itself in short order.

Not so sure about that...

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Play Reversi: http://othellomaster.com
  8:10am  up 18 days 15:07,  8 users,  load average: 0.16, 0.35, 0.48