Re: different konqueror settings per file type

  • Subject: Re: different konqueror settings per file type
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 07:54:03 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.windows.x.kde
__/ [ rlluis@xxxxxxxxx ] on Tuesday 16 May 2006 07:47 \__

> Hello,
>
> I would like to save different konqueror view settings for different
> type of files. For instance when I open a C file I would like to to
> have "word wrapping" off and font size 12 but when I open other types
> of files I would like to have different settings.
> How can I do this in konqueror?
>
> Thanks,
> Robert

I suggest that you look at your editor's options because sometimes you can
customise and tailor views for various filetypes (including colour-based
syntax highlighting). That said, for something such as word wrapping, check
the command line options for your editor, e.g.

$ kate --help

Kate - KDE Advanced Text Editor

,----[ Quote ]
| Generic options:
|   --help                    Show help about options
|   --help-qt                 Show Qt specific options
|   --help-kde                Show KDE specific options
|   --help-all                Show all options
|   --author                  Show author information
|   -v, --version             Show version information
|   --license                 Show license information
|   --                        End of options

|   -n                        Start a new Kate process (off by default)
|   -w                        Open a new Kate window
|   --initplugin <argument>   Allow Kate to be initialized by a plugin. You
|                             most probably have to specify a file too.
|   --line <argument>         Navigate to this line
|   --column <argument>       Navigate to this column
`----

You can then pass some arguments from Konqueror file types, e.g.

        kate --line 40 --column 50

I am using KDE 3.1, so I hope that later versions of Kate (or your editor of
choice) have got more options. If needed, you could modify the source code
to add options that suit you. Judging by the post, you are proficient with
C.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Reversi for Linux/Win32: http://othellomaster.com
  7:45am  up 18 days 14:42,  8 users,  load average: 0.17, 0.47, 0.58