Re: [News] Microsoft Snubs Other OSes and Web Browsers

__/ [ The Ghost In The Machine ] on Tuesday 23 May 2006 22:00 \__

http://www.mneylon.com/blog/archives/2006/05/22/microsoft-forgets-apple-and-everyone-else/

>> Why would I want to go to the msn adcenter?
>
> Define "go" or "want".  I strongly suspect that websites
> such as msnbc will pop up a new window pointing somewhere
> thereinto.  These of course can easily be blocked.

Microsoft actually departed from NBC and I believe this was mutual.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/12/24/business/media/24msnbc.html

Oh! correction: the TV partnership is off, but not the /Web/ partnership.
Google share some kisses with AOL in the mean time, while Microsoft gave up
on the deal.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Y |-(1^2)|^(1/2)+1 K
  1:45am  up 26 days  8:24,  11 users,  load average: 1.52, 1.36, 1.34