Re: SuSE 10.1 Installation Video

__/ [ ac ] on Monday 22 May 2006 11:29 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> Streaming Flash:
>>
>> http://madpenguin.org/images/reviews/suse101/siia/suseinstaller.html
>>
> Looks good I will keep the link for reference for others.
>
> Question:
> How can a 'video' of screen actions be created (other than a movie
> camera...)?
> --
> ac

You can run it all in a player such as VMWare and have simple command-line
tools such as 'import' and 'mencoder' handle the rest. There are also
front-ends and fully-blown applications that do this, including
conversions/wrapping to create Flash videos. There are many screencasts that
show (Ed)Ubuntu in action, primarily from one guy:

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=linux+tutorial

Good URL to have handy...