Re: Desktop PC with Linux Pre-Installed - Can one be bought in the UK?

  • Subject: Re: Desktop PC with Linux Pre-Installed - Can one be bought in the UK?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 14:59:13 +0100
  • Newsgroups: uk.comp.os.linux
__/ [ Chris Gordon-Smith ] on Sunday 21 May 2006 14:48 \__

> Hello All
>
> I am thinking of replacing my desktop PC. To save a lot of tinkering,
> it would seem to make sense to buy one with Linux pre-installed.
>
> Does anyone know whether such a thing is available in the UK, and if
> so, from where?
>
> I've tried Google and turned up nothing so far.
>
> Chris Gordon-Smith
> London
> www.simsoup.info

http://tinyurl.com/8q8t2

Just remember to set BIOS as the reviews indicate.

Dabs, in terms of service, are terrible (Dabs was recently acquired by BT and
former CEO saw my rants in another NG). However, once you get the product,
all will be fine. I have had one since August and no problems _at all_.
Ships with SuSE 9.3; Make sure you get 10.1 which is the lastest; Works fine
with other distributions (tried Ubuntu, Mandrake).

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com  |  GNU is Not UNIX  ¦     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
  2:50pm  up 23 days 21:29,  11 users,  load average: 0.39, 0.88, 0.99