Re: Interesting article about patent hunting

__/ [ wd ] on Sunday 21 May 2006 02:37 \__

> '"We have this whole open source movement that would like to knock out a
> lot of patents," he notes. He suggests a form of peer-to-peer
> participation to perform the research and raise the funds for challenging
> patents. "I think of it as an extreme sport for the desktop," said
> Calveley. "Like big game hunting."'
>
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/05/19/1click_patent_challenge/

Yesterday  I read about some high figure (maybe a legistlator) that wanted
to  send  judges  to  patent  school. There is  apparently  little  or  no
awareness of the basic concepts, which leads to ridicule. There was also a
fair  bit  of  noise owing to Amazon's  re-reviewed  'one-click  shopping'
patent.  I think that Micrsoft one patented the double-click, but I'm  not
too  sure.  It sounds too ludicrous to be true. Maybe it will become  like
the shaver wars and Apple will soon patent the triple-click...

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: sheep outnumber people in NZ
  4:40am  up 23 days 11:37,  11 users,  load average: 0.67, 0.74, 0.94