Re: newer layout (web google), occasionally (hohum..

  • Subject: Re: newer layout (web google), occasionally (hohum..
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 04:31:55 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
__/ [ MsOsWin@xxxxxxxx ] on Saturday 20 May 2006 22:14 \__

> John Bokma <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> in
>
>>"MsOsWin@xxxxxxxx" <MsOsWin@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> instead of the other searches links along top near searchbox, puts
>>> those in left nav with green rating/popularity (?) bar gif pairs.
>>> varies the length of adjacent pos_bar and neg_bar seen them 3 times
>>> this may (and late april)
>>>
>>> new style
>>> http://img106.imageshack.us/my.php?image=goowebnavlnkmay060gz.jpg
>>> old style
>>> http://img106.imageshack.us/my.php?image=goowebnavlnkold3wr.jpg
>>
>> Yes, has been reported earlier, maybe early april even.
>
>  :-)
> i guess i've only added more screenshot evidence for any disbeleivers who
> may exist (as if)

Yahoo renovated their front page, but I am not sure about search results
pages. Taking a glimpse into the new looks was possible about 5 days ago.
It's even more bloated now.

> eventually googled the right phrase and found more
> http://cavemonkey50.com/2006/01/googles-new-search-design-exists/
> mentions suspecting google cookie, but firefox shows no googles among my
> cookiies (and i haven't shutdown firefox since my first post, minutes ago)
>
> still hohum.. i should go do something  :-)

Best wishes,

Eoy

--
Roy S. Schestowitz      | Useless fact: There are five regular polyhedra
  4:25am  up 23 days 11:22,  11 users,  load average: 2.49, 1.62, 1.22