Re: How to get from airport to Bus Coach station

  • Subject: Re: How to get from airport to Bus Coach station
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 04:25:39 +0100
  • Newsgroups: uk.local.manchester
__/ [ Befunge Sudoku ] on Friday 26 May 2006 12:22 \__

> In article <1148641146.697549.214840@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> euforia7@xxxxx says...
>> Dear all,
>>
>> Please forgive me if you find my question to be not suitable for this
>> newsgroup. If so, please point me the proper place to ask it.
>> On June 6th I'd like to get by bus from an Airport to Central Coach
>> Station in order to get this bus to London:
>> http://www.megabus.com/uk/timetables/manchester_london.php , anyone
>> could tell me how to get there? I was seeking the possibility on
>> gmpte.com, however I got confused since I don't know Manchester at all
>> and I am a foreigner.
>>
>> Thanks in advance!,
>> m.
>>

> http://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/web.nsf/Content/TrainGettingToAndFrom
> includes:
> During the day there are six trains an hour into the city centre and up to
> four through the night. Trains run to Manchester Piccadilly rail station
> and take approximately 15 - 20 minutes
>
> Piccadilly is a 5 to 10 minute walk from the central coach station,
> depending how much you're carrying.
>
> Or, there are coaches from the airport that would get you direct to the
> coach station.
>
> If you're feeling flush, a taxi would be around 15 pounds (wild guess)

Yes, it would be 15 pounds or more, I suspect. Another possibility are the
buses (number 43 or 45). The fairly modern bus station is located in
Terminal 2 at Manchester Airport and these lines depart towards the City
Centre every 20 minutes or so. The taxis are right in front of the arrivals
area, just outside. Buses would take about 50 minutes (on an average-ish
date and time) and a taxi would take about 20-25 minutes, assuming
weekday/daytime traffic.

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz
  4:20am  up 33 days 10:52,  8 users,  load average: 0.61, 0.83, 0.84