Re: [News] Linux Highly Suitable for the Grandparents

__/ [ Ray Ingles ] on Tuesday 30 May 2006 13:50 \__

> On 2006-05-26, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| They say its for geeks, they say its for nerds, they say its for those
>>| whose pinkie finger has the imprint of the enter key tattooed on it. We
>>| say its for your grandmother !
>
>  I didn't even do half the things he did, setting up a special desktop
> theme and so forth. My parents have been using stock Ubuntu 5.04 for
> almost a year now, and have had no problems. It just works, and does
> all they want to do.

I envy you.  Many 'older' adults (well, my parent have just turned 50) stick
to conventions more than the average techie. If they don't have theat MSN
Messenger with the Microsoft logo, they could soon go into panic mode. But
my parents use Firefox and Thunderbird now... and OS Web-based software I
installed on my main domain. One step at a time...

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    /earth: file system full
  2:20pm  up 32 days 20:52,  8 users,  load average: 0.38, 0.80, 0.91