Re: OT - base64 decoding

__/ [ Big Bill ] on Monday 29 May 2006 13:35 \__

> Guys, I'm trying to decode an email that's base64 encoded, what can I
> do that with please?

Choose/use an E-mail client that can accept and decipher 64-bit-encoded
messages. Thunderbird is one such (excellent, if I may add) application.
64-bit messages (or even Unicode) are popular among spammers, for exactly
the reason that you mention (they are hard to read and arouse curiosity)...

http://news.spamcop.net/pipermail/spamcop-help/2005-April/064681.html

If you are not Asian, you can often assume these to be spam. That's how
SpamAssassin behaves 'out of the box'. It applies a scoring penalty to
them...

Best wishes,

Unisys: open source software set to have a similar impact as the Internet
  2:30pm  up 31 days 21:02,  9 users,  load average: 0.69, 0.83, 0.62