[News] Why Governments Fail to Grasp Innovation

No, not just corporate pressure groups...

Rabbits and foxes

,----[ Quote ]
| At an FFII meeting last week, I realised what governments have been
| thinking. Patents = innovation. This seems obvious but it took me a while
| to grasp. Governments actually believe that more patents means more
| innovation.
`----

http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/blogs/rabbits_and_foxes

Also today:

Years of deadlock on EU patent bring some new thinking

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/11/08/business/patents.php