Re: Ok, so now we know...

Mark Kent came up with this when s/he headbutted the keyboard a moment ago
in comp.os.linux.advocacy:

> begin  oe_protect.scr
>> __/ [ Mark Kent ] on Wednesday 01 November 2006 19:40 \__
>>
>>> begin  oe_protect.scr
>>> Jim <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>>> What mobile have you got?
>>
>> For me it was only the alarm clock that needed manual intervention (a day
>> late, but I have become rather oblivious to time, especially on a
Sunday).
>> SUSE takes good care of itself, which is not surprising. The PDA reminds
me
>> to verify it's all readjusted and that's all that matters.  It also
reminds
>> me to align all the clocks once in a couple of months... makes it easy to
>> remember if it's alarm-driven, provided the alarm isn't a day late (as
>> opposed to an hour late or an hour early).
>
> Most smartphones are capable of reading the network time information
> available in GSM messages and setting their time accordingly.  Not all
> of them do it very well, though, and not every network is consistent in
> providing the signal.
>

>> I'm sure your Nokia 770 is sophisticated enough to be DST-aware. It's
just
>> compacted/customised Debian after all...
>
> Yeah, it is.

motorola c975 on 3 PAYG. software version R245_U_82.21.80I (Symbian?)
--
-*- Linux Desktops & Clustering Solutions -*-          http://dotware.co.uk
-*- Registered Linux user #426308 -*-                 http://counter.li.org