Re: [News] Novell Brings Windows Applications to Linux

On Thu, 09 Nov 2006 15:34:43 +0000

> Novell Releases Mono 1.2 With Enhanced Support for .NET on Linux
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | With full Mono support for the Windows Forms API, the graphical
> | user interface portion of the Microsoft .NET development
> | framework, developers can now bring their existing
> | Microsoft-based client applications to Linux while
> | significantly minimizing the time and effort required
> | to migrate these applications.
> `----
>
> http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/061109/sfth025.html?.v=77

*but* (i dont know how many people on this list use .net, a few i
imagine). any reference of Windows.Forms prevents most portability.
also, i urge everyone to use pnet as much as possible, given novels
recent alliance with the dark side its likely that some junk or
inhibitors will get rolled into the mono frame work.

.net is a nice system to work with, its slightly better than java, but
it's 10 years younger also. everyone thought java was going to be
something amazing and change the way we all work, but thats not true.

given the languages out there, perl has had more effect on the world
than java and .net combined. stick to perl guys.

--
Regards, Ed                      :: http://www.openbsdhacker.com
just another perl hacker