Re: [News] Novell's Latest Response to the Community

  • Subject: Re: [News] Novell's Latest Response to the Community
  • From: John Bailo <jabailo@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 09:58:46 -0800
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
casual observer wrote:

Damage control...pure and simple. Also, by that logic, money was not a
motivating factor to make the deal, either. Novell's debts and Wall
Street's pressure notwithstanding.

Novell has 1B in cash on hand. It probably didn't need the money, but it does establish a great precendent for anyone else that should be licensing their IP.

"You said you'd never compromise
With the mystery tramp, but now you realize
He's not selling any alibis
As you stare into the vacuum of his eyes
And ask him do you want to make a deal?"

I'd love to change the world. But I don't know what to do. So, I'll leave it up to yoooooouuooooo

-- The Texeme Construct