Re: Practically zero iPods Converted to Linux

  • Subject: Re: Practically zero iPods Converted to Linux
  • From: Jamie Hart <usenet@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 14:44:56 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Larry Qualig wrote:
Roy Schestowitz wrote:
Liberating iPods in Cambridge

,----[ Quote ]
| During the event, dubbed iRony, users were walked through the
| process of installing flexible and featureful free/open source
| software firmware -- without DRM -- onto their digital audio players.
|
| [...]
|
| Organizers set up laptops running Ubuntu GNU/Linux, Mac OS X,
| and Windows XP at the center of the room. iPod users brought
| their players to experienced users, who would determine the
| generation of the iPod and the current partition format, and
| inquire about the user's needs. Together they would decide on
| a firmware (RockBox, iPodLinux, or both) and walk through the
| process of installation. Meanwhile, others looked on to watch
| the process and learn how it was done. RockBox was installed
| on the majority of the iPods with great success.
`----

http://business.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=06/10/31/2146245&from=rss

Perhaps it's time that you GROW UP and stop being a pathetic little
liar with your faux "News" titles. Absolutely nothing was converted to
Linux "En Masse" but you already knew that.

I beg to differ. As I read it, the "En Masse" referred to the fact that they were all converted at the same place on the same day.

Regardless of the percentage of sold iPods that were converted, 40 units being converted all at once is "En Masse" to me.

At least this [News] post had something to do with linux.