Re: [News] Open Linux Phone with GPS is Revealed (not Trolltech's Greenphone)

__/ [ The Ghost In The Machine ] on Wednesday 08 November 2006 00:09 \__

> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Roy Schestowitz
> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>  wrote
> on Tue, 07 Nov 2006 22:03:58 +0000
> <58168209.pZ1Hvf5u51@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> A truly open Linux phone with GPS debuts
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | There have been a lot of phones claiming to be 'Linux phones' and
>> | those that do run a Linux kernel, but they all miss the point of
>> | Linux: to be open. FIC is about to change that in a big way with a
>> | truly open phone, the OpenMoko.
>> `----
>>
>> http://egofood.blogspot.com/2006/11/short-post-on-microsotnovell-deal.html
>
> Sorry, the link above points to a blog indicating
>
>      A short post on the Microsot/Novell deal.
>
>      I've been giving some thought about the implications of the recent
>      Microsoft Novell deal, and while I'm ...
>
> which makes no sense at all; please retransmit. :-)
>
> Regrettably, Google seems to not know anything at all about
> the OpenMoko (it suggests Openmg, which is presumably the
> open-source variant of either a Chinese spice or a British
> sports car....)

Oops. Thanks for pointing that out, Ghost. Clipboard stack glitch...

Here's one of the best reviews:

http://linuxdevices.com/news/NS2986976174.html

I notice that you posted another one later in the day!

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Error, no keyboard - press F1 to continue"
Tasks: 143 total,   1 running, 140 sleeping,   0 stopped,   2 zombie