[News] Tiered Linux, Migration to Ubuntu, and Debian Update

Microsoft-Novell peace deal could create two-tier Linux market

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft Corp's announcement of a peace deal with Novell Inc was a
| massive endorsement of Linux and open source, but the fine print means
| that the deal might not be good news for those not running Microsoft's
| approved version of Linux.
`----

http://www.cbronline.com/article_news.asp?guid=B9B99902-7FFD-463A-8523-3B6AF63677DF

A Diehard SUSE User Tries Ubuntu 6.10

,----[ Quote ]
| SUSE Linux and I have been together for quite a while and when
| you have something that works, you stick with it. Many readers
| are probably in the same boat.
|
| Nevertheless, curiosity got the better of me, so I figured an
| Ubuntu review from a SUSE user's perspective made sense.
|
| [...]
|
| Now I understand about all the positive buzz.
`----

http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/reviews/6329/1/

Debian GNU/Linux 3.1 updated

,----[ Quote ]