Re: [News] Dell Adds Option to Prepartition Hard Drive (for Linux Dual Boot?)

On 2006-11-07, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dell will Partition Your Hard Drive for You
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| I was buying some Dell Latitude laptops for my company today, and I
>| noticed a relatively new option in their system configuration page:
>|
>| For $10 Dell will now partition your hard drive for you! Resizing a
>| "live" windows partition can be tricky, so that $10 may save you all
>| the time it would take to reformat the drive, and reinstall windows.
>| The options they give you are relatively reasonable too. I see this as
>| a nod towards all us dual boot enthusiast.
> `----

	The Sony laptop I got 2-3 years ago had multiple partitions
on it. It's not just handy for installing Linux but it's also handy
for recovering XP if you are so inclined. It's like having / on
one partition and /home on another.

--

	Nothing today, likely nothing since we tamed fire,
	is genuinely new: culture, like science and              |||

				 Judge Alex Kozinski
				 US Court of Appeals
				 9th Circuit