Re: [News] Vapourware Defined in Video

__/ [ Kelsey Bjarnason ] on Monday 06 November 2006 18:03 \__

> [snips]
>
> On Mon, 06 Nov 2006 05:51:54 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Just came across the following:
>>
>> http://youtube.com/watch?v=b9ifQvQCO7Y
>>
>> A must-see! This was Microsoft's vision of Longhorn, for October 2003.
>
> So it's, well, three years late, full of holes, ridiculously resource
> hungry and basically a steaming pile of faeces.  This is a surprise to
> anyone?
>
> One thing I thought was kind of amusing... it's about halfway into the
> video (youtube is *really* slow for some reason) and I can't help but
> think "So Vista's just a photo album organizer, don't I get those free
> with pretty much any OS?"

Microsoft assumed that its customer are more obsessed with their collection
rather than actual work and software that works. Microsoft also assumes that
people have a lot of Britney Spears in their collection. Errmmm... and I
don't mean in their music  collection. More like a stash---that whose hunt
gets the user pwned. But what's there to lose when the hijacker takes over?
Any valuable irrecoverable work? Probably not. A quick survey would suggest
so. Frequent booting failures, hard-drive wipe,s and the absence of Linux
Live CD's for data recovery are the explanation as to why Windows users
rarely have archival records with decent breath.

Windows - strong on multimedia (for wankers) and games (for those who play
with self).

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz    The Holy Bible: http://www.gtk.org/documentation.html
Mem:    514480k total,   483800k used,    30680k free,     8280k buffers