Re: Very smart of Microsoft

  • Subject: Re: Very smart of Microsoft
  • From: B Gruff <bbgruff@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2006 22:36:58 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On Saturday 04 November 2006 17:28 Roy Culley wrote:

> Erik does more back peddling these days than anything else. I think we
> are getting to the end game of MS's attacks against Linux and OSS in
> general. Clearly they thought SCO's case was worth spending a few tens
> of millions on. Money down the tube.

Not so imo Roy.
Just look back, and tell me how much that FUD, and the SCO case, held back
Linux adoption.  IIRC, it was even responsible for the Munich delay at that
time?
Having calculated how long it held back adoption, one then simply needs to
translate that period of time into the extra profit that it gave MS over
that period to work out that it was money well spent from the MS
perspective!