[News] Linux/Open Source Telephony Revolutionises Communication

Disruptive technology.

Is the telephone apocalypse now?

,----[ Quote ]
| Chris LymanChris Lyman is certain of it.
|
| He told me yesterday that Fonality's PBXtra is just that, the
| end not just of traditional telephony but of traditional
| telephony channels.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=833

VoIPowering Your Office with Asterisk: Shiny New Asterisk 1.4

,----[ Quote ]
| Digium has released the Asterisk 1.4 beta. New! Shiny! Improved! This
| is the first major update since 1.2 was launched over a year ago.
`----

http://www.voipplanet.com/backgrounders/article.php/3640866

No wonder Verizon et al want to start taxing traffic/services (charging by
the byte).