[News] PC Magazine: Vista a Dead End?

Is Vista a Dead End?

,----[ Quote ]
| As we get ever closer to the official release of Microsoft's Windows
| Vista operating system, we have to ask ourselves what comes next--or
| is this the end? I think it is the end, for a lot of reasons.
`----

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,2037002,00.asp?kc=PCRSS03079TX1K0000584

Seems like Dvorak's recipe for trolling. He once told Dave Winer that
choosing inflammatory titles and appending that _question mark_ is likely to
boost traffic. But he is not alone in this type of analysis however.

See for example:

In Depth: The Next Windows After Vista Will Demand Radical Rethinking From
Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft is at a crossroads, and the operating system that follows
| Vista will likely mark a serious break from the past. That is, if
| Microsoft can figure out how to do things differently.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/story/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=192501131&cid=RSSfeed_IWK_All

Seen this headline a few minutes ago:

Ballmer: Deal with Novell doesn't mean total Linux embrace
                                       ^^^^^

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&taxonomyName=software&articleId=9004739&taxonomyId=18&intsrc=kc_top