MS does the decent thing!

  • Subject: MS does the decent thing!
  • From: Hadron Quark <qadronhuark@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2006 02:19:33 +0100
  • Cancel-lock: sha1:3x5sZXeQ5efU27SNW1hmAD6HJLg=
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
See! They're not so evil! I bet it was all a ploy for extra advertising anyway.

http://news.zdnet.com/Microsoft+backtracks+on+Vista+transfer+limits/2100-3513_22-6131900.html?part=netscape-zdnet&tag=mynetscape&subj=technews

or

http://tinyurl.com/ykfvve

,----
| REDMOND, Wash.--Reversing a licensing change announced two weeks ago,
| Microsoft said on Thursday that it will not limit the number of times
| that retail customers can transfer their Windows Vista license to a
| different computer.
|

| On Oct. 16, Microsoft issued the new user license for Vista, including
| terms that would have limited the ability of those who buy a boxed copy
| of the operating system to transfer that license. Under the proposed
| terms, users could have made such a switch only one time.
|
| However, the new restriction prompted an outcry among hardware
| enthusiasts and others. Microsoft is returning the licensing terms to
| basically what they were in Windows XP--users can transfer their license
| to a new PC an unlimited number of times, provided they uninstall and
| stop using it on the prior machine.
`----

Would someone please pass Roy'n'Mark a new axe to grind.

What a day. You couldn't script it.