Re: Roy calm down man

Tim Smith wrote:

> In article <20061102130952.3bf54a3f@ed-desktop>, ed <ed@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>> > Somebody sound the hypocrite siren! When I asked for the same thing,
>> > you got your panties in a bunch. It's starting to become clear that
>> > the only people who are right in this group are the people who agree
>> > with you. It's on both sides by way, but it's so stupid.
>> >

>> you were not being accused of anything, <oblig>'calm down dear, it's
>> just a commercial' etc. </oblig>
>
> But he's right about the hypocrisy.  If someone were to post advocating
> Windows, certain people would tell them it is off topic for a Linux
> advocacy group, even if it was in direct answer to a post knocking
> Windows.

This is not really true.
There are certain people in here who get told to take a hicke, no matter
what they post. These are Erik F, flatfish, DFS or billwg
They are known liars, so no matter what they write it isn't to be trusted

> However, those very same people would have no problem at all
> with a post advocating OpenBSD (one of them even has posted such posts).
>
> Apparently, the definition of on-topic, at least based on observing the
> actions and statements of these people is:
>
> 1. Any post that says something good about Linux.  (It doesn't matter if
> the post is actually correct).

This is blatantly wrong. I have often enough seen posts where such posts
were corrected. I have done so several times myself

> 2. Any post that says anything bad about anything having to do, no
> matter how remotely, with Microsoft.  (Again, correctness is
> optional...and if the post is not correct, corrections are off-topic).

This is also wrong. See above

> 3. Any post by Roy (either of them) or Mark Kent is on-topic.

Utter bullshit.
But Roys News-posts are (typically) on-topic

> 4. Any post about free software, whether it has anything to do with
> Linux or not.

Well, most free software is also available for linux. And if it isn't, it
may be a good idea to tell about it if it is good. That way it might get
ported
--
If ignorance is bliss, why aren't there more happy people?